My tweet about 30 minutes ago seems to have gotten legs, and I'm about to duck under an earthen barrier to avoid the flack:
Here is my challenge:
- Ability to run my SPA in a simple HTTP server quickly
- Instant editing of my application scripts with JSHint right there in the problems panel, without redeploying or caching issues
- Strongly integrated maven-based tools for hinting with JSHint
- Integration with Bower to index the source of repositories that we've downloaded
- Integration with NodeJS's dependencies to install tools, etc...
- Native integration of Jasmine and Karma (if I have NodeJS integration) to run the tests, or maybe a test generator plugin to generate the test runner on the fly
For clients who need to stay on Java-based build tools (because they're not switching their backend to Node/Express) but who are moving into SPA + RESTful Spring/Java EE apps, I think we'd see good adoption of a forward-leaning Eclipse (since it is kind of the enterprise developer's lingua franca).
Am I off the mark here? Tell me so in the comments...